35th Annual Charity Banquet and Auction has been cancelled.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and out of concern for all involved, we have made the decision to cancel this year's banquet. Our annual banquet is our sole fund raising source. However, this year we are having a raffle to help pay for the youth events we support. Please see the letter below from our chapter president, Dr. John Hill.
To our fellow conservationists,
Good day from the Jayhawk Chapter of the Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation! We hope this finds you and your loved ones happy, healthy and safe.
This letter has multiple intents, the first of which is to express our deep-felt gratitude for your support of our conservation and youth programs over the years through donations and attending our fundraising banquet and youth events. Without the gracious contributions of the community, we would not be able to carry out our many youth and conservation programs and we would like to extend our undying appreciation for everyone’s assistance.
Second, for the first time in 36 years, we have decided not to hold our annual fundraising banquet due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When circumstances have changed to allow it, we will once again put on our banquet, but that time is likely not in the immediate future.
Third, after much debate we feel we can safely continue our youth programs and are planning accordingly, beginning with our youth dove hunt on September 1, 2020 and continuing with our youth deer, pheasant and turkey hunts. If you know a youth who might like to participate, please contact us:
• September 1- Youth dove hunt (Contact John Hill at 785-841-9555 or email@example.com)
• September 5-13- Youth deer hunt (Contact Andy Tubbs at 785-760-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• October 11- Youth pheasant hunt (Contact Jon Francis at 785-550-5663 or email@example.com)
• Spring 2021- Youth turkey hunt (Contact Cliff Hadl at 785-393-3097 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
In order to deliver these programs, we anticipate expenses of around $5000, so we are enclosing raffle entries that will land the lucky winners some excellent prizes -- the funds from which will go directly towards our youth and conservation efforts this year. We will be drawing winners on November 1 for the following prizes:
• Side of pork donated by Steve’s Meat Market in DeSoto, KS
• CZ 1012 Bottomlands Camo 12 gauge semi-auto donated by CZ-USA
• One guided, private land youth deer hunt donated by Jeremy Funk
• CZ Quail 20 gauge youth O/U donated by CZ-USA
• One guided, private land youth turkey hunt donated by Jeremy Funk
If you feel you are in a position to help, we’ve included these raffle entries on the back of this letter for you to return to us or you can visit our website (jayhawkquwf.org) and purchase them there. We are painfully aware that some of us will not be able to help due to the effects of the pandemic no matter how much we would like to -- please know that we understand and greatly appreciate all that you’ve done.
Funds raised beyond the needs of our youth programs will help cover our conservation efforts with the KDWPT, Clinton Wildlife Area, the Boy Scouts, native plants groups and more.
Thank you again for all you have done and we hope in the not too distant future we can all get together to share our interests and efforts for youth, conservation and the wild outdoors.
For the Jayhawk Chapter of QUWF Board of Directors,
John H. Hill II, D.C., Chairman
Buy Banquet Tickets Online
* If you don’t have a PayPal account, just click on the “Pay with a debit or credit card, or Bill Me Later" link to pay by credit card.